Saturday, December 24, 2011

Where did all the time go?

OK, first post in a damn long time. I finished the PhD and have moved to Princeton recently, working for LLNL.

The day I arrived our experiment (NSTX) had a crippling short circuit which has disabled it for the duration of my post-doc. Then it got scorching hot and humid. Then there was an earthquake in the summer. Then we had a hurricane (Irene). Then we had a snow storm in early October. It seems like someone's trying to tell me this was a bad move... but hey, you don't get this far without being a bit stubborn so I'm not giving up any time soon.

Catching up on the new topic over here, divertor physics, has been a haul. Reading about divertor physics, I've run across way too many articles, and at least one great book (Stangeby). Otherwise I found a great into lecture series by Ben Dudson which was great, especially the stellarator lecture.

There have also been some interesting articles about the history of fusion research in the US, which I found quite interesting from our present perspective.


No comments: